...........................................................

...........................................................
Blessed by everyday blessings

these are a few of my favorite things

~smiling faces~

~hugs and kisses from grandchildren
and hearing the name Nanny from far away places~

~mostly old sometimes new~

~quilts with love stitched through and through

~Babies and butterflys and all things created~

~To know you are loved makes life sweet with grace traces ~























recipes

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

God is EVER PRESENT.....


Last week wednesday i was having a little R&R with my
SWEET husband.





There is Nothing like SAND between your toes













searching for SEA SHELLS






blue skys and SUNSHINE
to soothe your soul!







Our eyes were exposed to spectacular beauty




the SEA SHELL HOUSE as seen on HGTV






















and we saw sights that made your heart sink. It is hard to see people living with bare necessities.


Unfortunately life is not all beautiful. I have no camera pictures of the poverty, that picture will not leave my mind. I left Iowa an ordinary person but I came home with this thought,
I am rich.... I just didn't realize it.



"To whom much is given, much will be required."
My thoughts are here and there at the same time.
I am home
but not really home.
I am here wondering ........ THINKING......





When I leave home, my comfort zone, I leave with eyes open looking for the presence of God.



Two years ago when we went on a trip out of the country I was a bit apprehensive. I needed God to speak to me in my surroundings that he was near. I also had a sense that this was not just a vacation....there was something beyond the beach that God wanted me to be a part of.


We left on Ash Wednesday and on the plane we saw people with ashes and the sign of the cross on their forehead and a man wearing a hat saying "Jesus lives". At the resort we met a man who does not believe there is a God in heaven. Out of all the people on the beach, is it a coincidence that he became friends with us? I smile and pray for him regularly....God always has a plan. God placed this man in the company of 4 who believe.






This year God said here i am..........





AMAZING GRACE
how sweet the sound that saved a wretch like me.
I once was lost but now am found, was blind but now I see.


where ever I go God is there.


Lord help me to see you, so that I may follow after you
continue to bless me with your presence
in this place that I call home.

May your day be blessed with as you discover the nearness of God today.

Until next time......look around, God has something for you :)

Janita





























No comments :

AddThis

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...