...........................................................

...........................................................
Blessed by everyday blessings

these are a few of my favorite things

~smiling faces~

~hugs and kisses from grandchildren
and hearing the name Nanny from far away places~

~mostly old sometimes new~

~quilts with love stitched through and through

~Babies and butterflys and all things created~

~To know you are loved makes life sweet with grace traces ~























recipes

Sunday, January 4, 2015

Hello 2015






My mind is kind of swirling in a 100 different directions.

Not sure that I am ready for 2015.

The years pass so quickly.

I'm not a spring chicken any more. 

The freshness of the air outside takes my breath away.
Where do I begin.

One word
One thing
One change

Finish
Start
Purge

Out with the old
in with the New.

I want things to be different in 2015.
I just can't put my finger on what I need to be different.

Some seem to have life figured out
I seem to be
Always searching....

Guess I'll walk one day at a time.

BEGINNING
my days with the one who made me.

I am going to read a chapter at a time in the New Testament
I might chew on it for a day or
read it over and over again through the week.
The goal is to get it off the page and into me.

I'll see where God leads me.

Sometimes Beginning is the hardest part for me.

Sometimes I am challenged to persevere through the middle.

Born Sept. 1958- 

They say it is the dash that really matters.

This is what I'm hoping, 
that my dash will be more intentional this year. 

Whatever the days of 2015 bring....
I am thankful I can trust 
God cares about the minutes of my days.

I belong to Him
He will get me where I need to go.
Through the Holy Spirit, Christ is present in
the life of every believer.

He knows my needs and
He has the ability to help.


Happy New Year.
May God Add His Richest Blessing

Janita




6 comments :

Celtic Thistle said...

We might not be spring chickens Janita but there is plenty of life left in us yet :) I think it is better to be open to all possibilities than to be so determined in your goals that you don't see opportunities when they are right in front of you.

Wishing you a Happy and Healthy 2015

Rachaeldaisy said...

I like the way you say the important part is the dash, I'd never thought of that before. I think starting at the beginning is a great place to start.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I began a Bible reading program that is manageable. If you Google 5x5x5 Bible reading program, you will find it. You read one chapter in the New Testement a day. Easy and good. In the past, when I start a read the Bible in a year, I get so bogged down in the Old Testement, I give up. The OT is important, I know that. And I do need to read it, too. Maybe next year.

Thank you for sharing your heart....

Martina said...

Thanks so much Janita for your invitation to Jeanne Oliver. I signed up , listened to the first video and think it just fits into what the Lord is talking with me these days.
Be very much blessed
Hugs Martina

Vickie said...

What true words you have written. Our pastor was talking about spending time in the Word to get it right down in the core of your being for times that are ahead of us. Thanks for the invite to J O The opening words of her blog were like reading about myself ! Your a gift Janita !

pinsandneedles said...

Thank you for your insight. Starting the day in the Word is so important yet I fail poorly. I start with good intentions, using a Bible Reading plan , but often don't read daily due to a busy schedule and need to be on the catch up plan or after it is finished, I don't start another plan. I'm currently looking for God's word for me this year. I seem to be leaning towards discipline! Your post was another confirmation of this word.

AddThis

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...