...........................................................

...........................................................
Blessed by everyday blessings

these are a few of my favorite things

~smiling faces~

~hugs and kisses from grandchildren
and hearing the name Nanny from far away places~

~mostly old sometimes new~

~quilts with love stitched through and through

~Babies and butterflys and all things created~

~To know you are loved makes life sweet with grace traces ~























recipes

Sunday, May 24, 2015

Taking the old and making it new.


There is nothing like a sweet transformation!

Ok how is it going in your life ?  I know a couple of you were inspired by one of my recent posts to give your home a little love.   Have you been able to do just that.... Take the time to give your home some TLC?   I am still working in my kitchen.

I am reporting that the Kitchen clean up  from this post  http://thegirlfriendgap.blogspot.com/2015/05/spring-farmhouse-style.html is still creating a lot of happy in me.  Since that post now the right side of the counter has a new summertime smile simply by using things I already had and  a little creativity.  




This is a lid from a broken basket
 that had been tossed a few years ago.
Of course.....
The junk master here kept the lid because you 
know it was too good to throw away.

It has been waiting for just the right project. 





I was inspired by a similar little nick-nac on the wall at the 
so I had a little craft time one morning. 

With  small amount of effort the flip side of the lid has been
transformed to this lovely little Ampersand. 

 I drew the shape free hand on paper first.

Cut out the shape.

 Then traced around the shape with a pencil
and used a paint marker to fill it in. 

Beautiful!


I am using it to cover this outlet that is not so beautiful.





Now experimenting with what to add to it. 

A little pot of moss?

Courtesy of the north side of my house. 


Maybe a little pot of  Basil?
Part of my Mother's Day gift. 
Which will need some outside sunshine time
 as my kitchen is on the north side of the house
I'm weighing the option here of whether this will work.

Worth a try I think....  It smells delightful.  



Maybe A little Strawberry Rhubarb American Pie ?



For now,  I think I'm going with the basil and the cutie pie.
Once again just using what I have to create some beauty in my home. 

At the moment it is not a designer kitchen. 
I'm not trying to fool anyone here,
but for now it works for me.

Farmhouse Style is easy living. 


I have been such a good girl keeping it clean :) 

All because I took some time to make a pretty space.



Yum yum in the kitchen.  I love that. 


I have also finished piecing my Smokey Mountain Star quilt top. 



Made using some of my husbands old shirts
 along with some thrifted shirts. 



I added 4 extra rows to the pattern so it will be twin size. 

 I just need to figure out some borders. 

Still not absolutely in love with it but it feels good to be this far. 

I think adding some borders will help the love factor  :)  





And lastly I'm sharing my treasure I found at the thrift store last week.

Orange Creamsicle Summertime Star. 
$28  Really !

After a good long soak in the tub it is loved once again. 

It was badly stained  I'm sure that is why it was only $28
.... but most of it has come out : )  

I'm sure my method of cleaning an old quilt was not
the recommended method but 
it is clean enough to use now without being grossed out.

Too bad I don't have a hammock to enjoy it with. 

It might be seeing a little lazy day summer time 
 reading books with the grandchildren. 




Love the home you have.
because it is your dream home.

Janita

Linking up to 



2 comments :

Christine B said...

Hi Janita! Your kitchen is looking fabulous and I love your '&' a great addition to hide an ugly outlet! Love both your quilts... the one you made and the one you found and cleaned! This is true recycling!! :) x

Rachaeldaisy said...

It's so good you are nurturing yourself by nuturing your home. Your Smokey Mountain Top is a beauty! I love that you made it using old shirts. What a great find that star quilt is. It's so good it found a home with you because you'll treasure it like it shoud be.

AddThis

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...