...........................................................

...........................................................
Blessed by everyday blessings

these are a few of my favorite things

~smiling faces~

~hugs and kisses from grandchildren
and hearing the name Nanny from far away places~

~mostly old sometimes new~

~quilts with love stitched through and through

~Babies and butterflys and all things created~

~To know you are loved makes life sweet with grace traces ~























recipes

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Love Shared is the Best Love



I have a little bit of Love to share today.  Quilters connect easily to other quilters.  Age doesn't seem to be a huge factor.  If you are the same age or not it doesn't matter, if you quilt.... there is a strong enough bond just in the fact that you share fabric love.  Two years ago a sweet quilter stepped out of her box after I left a comment on her blog and she wanted to become friends. She pressed in a little closer and she wanted to know if I would be interested in doing a gift swap sometime.   She would MAKE something for me.... I would MAKE something for her and put it in the mail for a sweet surprise in our mail box!   I had never done anything like that before. SCARRY! It is one thing to sew for your own pleasure it is another thing to try to make something that another person will love.  Because we all know if you don't love it.... out to the curb it goes!  I was a little hesitant.... I am a slow sewing gal.  She is a speed sewing gal.   But one day I decided really why not do it?   It will be a good challenge for me. I have sewed for a long time.  I need to step out of my comfort zone.   We both have September birthdays so we decided to do a Birthday gift exchange.  What did I think after it was all over....  IT WAS SO FUN !  and we have been walking in quilty friendship ever since that day.   Leanne http://lizzie-the-quilter.blogspot.com lives in Tasmania but she LOVES to visit America.    Anyway, she has showered me with several little treasures in the mail since then... remember she is a speedy sewing gal.   I am a slowing sewing gal but I finally got a little something made for her just because I love her and she has received it this week so now I can share what I recently made for her.



I love embroidery, but I never seem to find time to do it. 

Well, last fall I decided to change all those
projects that never get done into ...
I'm going to make time!


EMBROIDERED BOWLS !!
Is there a girl out there who doesn't love dishes?

This pattern was generously offered free a few years ago.
I have made some creative alterations to suit me.

"i love ice cream" was added for fun. 
Life is always better with ice cream !!! 


The hand quilting adds a lot of texture 
 which seemed to be just what it needed to make the bowls pop.



and then to finish it off .....
This little hanging heart was the label for the back of the mini quilt. 

Now my goal for the rest of 2017 and forever...
Add a little Love to each day!

Never be afraid to LOVE. 

She measures 13''X10''
All signed sealed and delivered to a happy home. 

Love you Leanne !!! 

Janita



6 comments :

Leanne said...

Oh Janita, you really have no idea how special you are to me, your little gifts in the mail made my day. I will always treasure our friendship. Roll on September. xxx

Christine B said...

What a lovely post Janita! Leanne is a special lady and I know your gift to her will be treasured as it deserves! Christine x

simplyaltered.com said...

Ohhh Janita !!!! I am seriously GUSHING over this post !! Two things I am definitely learning before I die, is embroidery....and of course blanket stitches. I . LOVE . your work soooooo much !!!!

Anonymous said...

That little wall hanging is adorable! You are so creative and I love your stitching. I know Leanne will treasure it always. My only sister's name is Leanne, spelled the same way as your friends. I love reading your entries.
Jeanine

Celtic Thistle said...

What a lovely gift to make and receive Janita, swaps are such fun once you get over the initial fear of making for someone else aren't they?

Unknown said...

What a sweet project!

AddThis

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...