...........................................................

...........................................................
Blessed by everyday blessings

these are a few of my favorite things

~smiling faces~

~hugs and kisses from grandchildren
and hearing the name Nanny from far away places~

~mostly old sometimes new~

~quilts with love stitched through and through

~Babies and butterflys and all things created~

~To know you are loved makes life sweet with grace traces ~























recipes

Friday, August 22, 2014

Where ya been girlfriend??

LIFE..... How does it go so fast???  Many days here have been full of goodness. Many days have been nonproductive....  can we just rewind and do summer again?  HUM I don't think I have ever wanted to say that.  I am usually not a summer girl but this has been a summer that  has gotten away from me.

Here  is a summertime  review of  my life in the fast lane.


I planted my flowers in AUGUST!
So they are a bit behind. 

I had decided I wasn't going to do flowers this year on my porch.

I thought I didn't have time to water and care for them everyday.

Then decided that I couldn't live without them.

So I bought them the end of June and they patiently waited  to be planted.







I have worked on Little Pink Projects 
which led to Bigger painting projects




Free from the curb ....  
finally getting it's long overdue
face lift. 


Miss Table , You look Marvelous :) my dear!

The pink basket..... still not sure about.  
But my granddaughters are always finding a use for it.



I couldn't be happier with white paint!





We have had  TWO Golden Birthdays


  

I have eaten pie and  I  have Stitched Pie




We traveled to Colorado for a family wedding.




We have gobbled down home grown goodness.




I have decorated and 
Celebrated Red, White an Blue.










I have Made enough for all....
The fridge is FULL of Strawberry- Rhubarb Jam



  I have been blessed.
Reuniting with Brother and Sister in Law
who now live in Alaska.

Good to spend time with family again.


I have been refreshed by Young Love....



I have Repurposed junk.


I have been inspired by Country Living.



 I have Enjoyed the beauty of the day.



I have clicked my heals twice and
remembered ....
There is no place like home





I have ridden my bike for PIE! 
 I Rode 150 miles of RAGBRAI
Eating pie at least once a day sometime twice a day ")
Not a guilty feeling in sight!

God Bless the Pie Makers!

New personal best.... 75 miles in one day
on my Bicycle! 
Good Job Nanny:)





We met this lady in one of the towns.
By the patch on her bike we discovered she is a

Fellow comrade of RAGBRAI #3  1975

Little bit of age difference here.  She is amazing. 

Always inspired by the People who do RAGBRAI  year after year.




I rode my bike through Sheldon where we once lived.

So many memories in this house for my kids.  




I have celebrated Christmas in July. 
Revisiting a bit of an overdue
Happy Birthday Present for Ariann. 
 I Sewed stockings from thrifted sweaters.

And she is pleased as punch!



(not sure why the toe looks so skinny here)






I've been Getting healthy...  the Pure and Natural way

Lemon water in my fridge daily. 



I have prayed continually while my Daughter went to
 AFRICA.

Can't describe the blessing it was for her. 

Do not let Fear rule ....  lesson learned.




We have been to the County Fair


We got to touch Buddy.
The Reserve Champion.
Great Job Anthony!





I have found buried treasure in my flower bed....
The little bottle is in mint condition.


I have played with pinwheels that are begging to be finished.

Another jean quilt mixed with old shirts an some cottons.



We have been to the Iowa State Fair. 

Little miss Emerson with American Gothic Icon.




The young and the old have enjoyed singing old songs
with the fair entertainment.





I have loved Black- Eyed Susan flowers on my porch.


They have lasted for 3 weeks ...  Wow






We did not make it to the beach but
I have bought the beach to my home.




You got to love SUMMER TIME !

Thanks for the memories.


Janita










    

6 comments :

~~Kelli said...

Oh Janita, Janita, Janita !!!! you know, I have been patiently waiting another one of your blog posts......and THIS one was well worth the wait !!!! ;) maybe my FAVORITE one ever !!! (and not just the "famous couple" in it their awesomeness) but EVERY single part of this post was INCREDIBLE !!!
Again....you have sparked my creativity, or at least make me wanna try to recreate that look that you seem to do with SUCH ease!!! <3
{sigh}

Celtic Thistle said...

Looks like you have been having a wonderful summer Janita! I love your stitched pie :)

pinsandneedles said...

Janita, I love everything about this post! I started writing down some of the early pictures I loved (it was a long post so I didn't want to forget anything) like the flower box on your porch, your lively white stoneware, strawberry rhubarb jam...but I found myself loving everything right down to the very last summertime picture! Kuddos to you for all the miles of biking! Love your pinwheel quilt...jeans with shirtings! Pretty flowers! Great inspiration!

Sparky said...

what delightful memories, photos and adventures..your pics speak millions of sentiments

Rachaeldaisy said...

What a wonderful post so full of joyful things!! I'm going to read it again and savour your beautiful photos.

Vickie said...

Wonderful story of you and wonderful photography !

AddThis

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...