...........................................................

...........................................................
Blessed by everyday blessings

these are a few of my favorite things

~smiling faces~

~hugs and kisses from grandchildren
and hearing the name Nanny from far away places~

~mostly old sometimes new~

~quilts with love stitched through and through

~Babies and butterflys and all things created~

~To know you are loved makes life sweet with grace traces ~























recipes

Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Simple pleasures of Spring...


Star of Bethlehem



Spending time with Emerson.
She is simply growing up toooo fast.
She thought she might be too old to take pictures with the tulips.
I'm glad she changed her mind.


Still sweet at Seven.



sweet color combinations of tulips




 Collection of Pink and white buttons in an old vinegar bottle.


Flowering Crabapple trees




Color of the year ...Radiant orchid
 in my back yard :)

(Rarely am I in sync with the fashions of the world)





Spring sewing....
Slowly but surely I'm making progress on
my snow themed Blue and White quilt which is a
 Craftsy 2012 BOM detour.
20 blocks has turned into 36.
I have 5 more blocks to make.
That makes me happy.
You can see more of the blocks up close here

Three more blocks to add...
 A modified block from Anne Sutton's
"Snowbound"
Block #12




Pinwheel YUM!



Need I remind you, I love Tulips!

"Spring Snowflake" block.
from "Quiltmakers 100 blocks" Vol. 1

Remembering it snowed on May 3 last year
it seemed like a perfect fit to my quilt. 

I am stretching myself.....
Learning how to do Needle-Turn Applique.
from a distance it looks fabulous...
up close...
leaves a bit to be desired.

But you've got to start somewhere
 so it is what it is and
 it is going in the quilt.




Blessed by grand children!


Addi Grace and Clayton.


Today...
is
a
beautiful
day.
 I will 
give
Thanks
for 
the 
Blessings
of
the
season.


Janita

5 comments :

Deonn said...

Janita, these pictures are just precious - the grandkids and the spring flowers. Blessings, indeed!

Rachaeldaisy said...

This is such a beautiful post about beautiful things!!

Sparky said...

she is sooo pretty and your photos are very inspiring....love photos of flowers and children...

dq said...

Love your blue/winter blocks! I especially love the way you photograph there. (I love photography). I will enjoy seeing this project finish up to see the end result.

P.S. Your daughter is lovely. Treasure those times. I only have one son left at home.

Vickie said...

What beautiful grandbabies !

AddThis

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...