...........................................................

...........................................................
Blessed by everyday blessings

these are a few of my favorite things

~smiling faces~

~hugs and kisses from grandchildren
and hearing the name Nanny from far away places~

~mostly old sometimes new~

~quilts with love stitched through and through

~Babies and butterflys and all things created~

~To know you are loved makes life sweet with grace traces ~























recipes

Monday, May 19, 2014

Love flowers, Love fabric, Love to sew!




This is an Operation " Move it" Post. This is where I show progress on what it takes to get a sewing project out of the bag and on to the bed. It began here .

Though this is not a quilt it has been in a pile for a while. It all started with this Craftsy class....
 Sewing Texture.

 I am a girl who loves flowers.  I wanted to know how to make fabric flowers.  So I enrolled........ lets just say a few years ago:)

 I got excited...  I got started... Sewed until I got stumped... Decided it wasn't working...  then got unexcited...  then stopped sewing...


 Yesterday I got inspired by a photo on Pinterest...  It got me thinking....

 Soooooooooo I pulled this baby out of the pile and..... 


 
 
Today I Finished this!
 
 
 
Love it when some how it all works out!
 
 
 
 
And because I love flowers
And Fabric just a wee bit...
 
and I love to sew....
I put it in my sewing room.
 
 
 
 Flowers are made from an old white sheet,
scraps of muslin for the foundation under the flowers,
 a bit of wool under the muslin heart to give the heart some texture.
and Thrifted frame from Goodwill.
 
Happy JUNK!  
 
 
 
 
She will be living here for a while
on this cabinet that holds some of my fabric.
 
I am a girly- girl
and
I love a finished project!!!
 
 
It doesn't take a lot to make this girl happy!
 
janita
 
 
 


 

2 comments :

~~Kelli said...

JANITA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Seriously.....no words are adequate.
Cupboard, heart, embroidery, repurposing......GEEZ !!!!!

Rachaeldaisy said...

That is so beautiful! I love that the flowers are made from an old sheet, and you have turned them into an art work.

AddThis

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...