...........................................................

...........................................................
Blessed by everyday blessings

these are a few of my favorite things

~smiling faces~

~hugs and kisses from grandchildren
and hearing the name Nanny from far away places~

~mostly old sometimes new~

~quilts with love stitched through and through

~Babies and butterflys and all things created~

~To know you are loved makes life sweet with grace traces ~























recipes

Sunday, May 15, 2011

P is for pick a project and SEW !

I am taking time to create because time has a tendency to take me.   I find it very satisfying to have something homemade by me in my home. I have been sewing since I was a young girl.

I have more ideas for quilts than I will be able to finish in a life time but my goal this year is just to be a steady Eddie  for 2011 and finish some things.   I would love to be cranking out a quilt every couple of weeks but that doesn't seem to be the way it works here.  I guess it doesn't matter how fast or slow I am,  when it's done you'll feel the love in it and that is the most important thing.   So bit by bit my love pile is growing.




Every week I have been Identifying a project that needs to be worked on and when I'd rather be jumping on to the next project or seem stuck  I ask myself each day..."What's the next step?" and I do it. Sometimes that step takes 15 minutes some times it takes all day but the thought process seems to be working. An object in motion will stay in motion so they say so I'm turning myself into a stick to it Sally instead of nothing finished Nanny.  Not a mighty goal but a goal none the less is to finish 12 sewing projects this year.  One thing is for sure I love me some HOME MADE goodness so dust be still I'll have time for you when I'm 80!


meet my latest project of the week #2 



My daughter have received some receiving blankets when Emmy was born that she really didn't care for. I decided to cut them up and put them all back together into a more useable quilt.  I'll never understand the purpose of  a receiving blanket at 27" for a real baby. Babies grow way to fast for a blanket that size.

 This quilt is made with flannel and knit with a fleece back. something we didn't love is now something we love.

This is my first attempt at a pieced back because I didn't buy enough fleece. I think I love it even more with the pieced back  I designed with  the  Sweet little pinwheel.  





"Praise the Lord,
 Praise God my savior.
 For each day
 he carries me
 in his arms."
 Psalm 68:19
 is embroidered
 by hand on the back.







Emmy( granddaughter) is in my preschool sunday school class and we have been working on memory verses each week.  When I asked her if she liked my quilt she said," I think it need some words on it" and then she spealed out the memory verse we had been working on and pointed to where she thought each word should go.  I smiled at the thought and put some words on my quilt.  It adds some extra love that babies need. Thank you Emmy!   Now the name of my quilt includes the word "blessing".

I haven't decided who will be receiving this delight but when it's cold outside it will be oh so snuggly. It has warm and natural batting inside in addition to the fleece.


 Here is my sweet little "BABY BEAR BLESSING"
this quilt was inspired and modified in design from a pattern found here


I think I am happiest if I find time to be expressing my creativity and that is just not a zip-zap done deal.  It takes time to be creative...... and I"M TAKING TIME :o).


sneek peek of Project of the week #3



SEW until next time be creative.....it's good for the soul!

thanks for stopping by!
Janita  ( aka nannyjsewsweet )

No comments :

AddThis

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...