...........................................................

...........................................................
Blessed by everyday blessings

these are a few of my favorite things

~smiling faces~

~hugs and kisses from grandchildren
and hearing the name Nanny from far away places~

~mostly old sometimes new~

~quilts with love stitched through and through

~Babies and butterflys and all things created~

~To know you are loved makes life sweet with grace traces ~























recipes

Thursday, February 16, 2012

TWENTY TWO SMACKAROOOS!


This is Cassie on the day of her birthday.
getting some auntie loving!
(i think it was one of those crazy hair days for you emmy
but your smile is beautiful!)

LOOK AT THOSE SMILES!
they are identical..... I can tell you two were cut from the same cloth!
same cheek bones , same chinny chin chin , same lips,  wow.



isn't God amazing.
He makes family members all look alike!
 just in case you ever get lost.
you can find your way back home!



FEBRUARY 6, 2012
22 years old!
did you notice the two 2's in the year 2012
must be a magical birthday year!


22 years old in 2012!
now you  I can always remember how old you are.
 thanks for helping your old and forgetful mom out!
I don't think I ever put that together before.
if I did.... I forgot :(
next year
23 in 2013
yes it is a light bulb moment!


this is the day we are actually CELEBRATING!
FEBRUARY 12
just a week late..... not too bad.

is it ever like that at your house???

EMERSON  helped me with the party decorations.
let me state that again....
I helped Emerson... she was in charge!
I was just the girl with the supplies!

SO....there were
hot pink and silver sparkles on the table
pink streamers down the center
we are not looking for a tablescaping award.....
 just a little PARTY atmosphere
and some extra love!

EVERYTHING is her idea...
i just smile and help.

The boy chairs got blue crepe paper TIES



the girl chairs got pink crepe paper BOWS
(going all out here with left over party supplies)

remember the year you felt like a

PRINCESS!
2006 prom

We  just wanted you to know
how much we all love you!
and not much has changed over the years.....
ONCE A PRINCESS
Always a
PRINCESS!



Four days after the party this is what is left..
an empty house with just  me and the dogs
your smile is still fresh in my mind ,
your laughter is missed  
and
2 pieces of the
 BEST  BIRTHDAY CHOCOLATE CAKE ever
crying out for me to eat them!
(recipe maybe later if you want it)






THREE  DAUGHTERS
and now a few boys later.....



it's a wild and crazy life
but it is a good life!

If I had to do it all over again,
 I guess I'd choose to birth girls again :) 

I've leaned on more than a few of
God's promises through the years.
I have just a few gray hairs.....
not sure if
#1 you gave them to me
or(perhaps and more likely)
#2 your older sisters
 may have had a slight role in that
or
#3 it is just cause I"M  older and wiser :)

I'm sure you are all thinking it has to be #3 
because you are all angels now!

today  it doesn't matter
my hair color update yesterday has got you covered :)

You are beautiful Cassie,
YOU ARE A BLESSING,
You are growing up,
and your mom still loves you!!

today I'm thanking God for the precious gift that you are.

have a wonderful year being 22!

xO
MOM
ps I forgot I had a little something else  for your birthday.
that is what happens when you buy it in DEC!

I'll be in the attic sewing if you need me :)



No comments :

AddThis

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...