...........................................................

...........................................................
Blessed by everyday blessings

these are a few of my favorite things

~smiling faces~

~hugs and kisses from grandchildren
and hearing the name Nanny from far away places~

~mostly old sometimes new~

~quilts with love stitched through and through

~Babies and butterflys and all things created~

~To know you are loved makes life sweet with grace traces ~























recipes

Monday, January 21, 2013

2013 JANUARY COMFORT... SEWING
week #4

 
 
 
Wow the weeks sure do fly by.  I am trying to make my days a bit more intentional in 2013.   FAITHFUL(my word for the year)...  How is that going you might ask???  
Seems like if I gain in one step, I 'm  lacking in others.
 
Daily Bible reading....  not so good...see next step
 
Scripture memory- motivated by Beth Moore.... YES MAMM! Gold star here!
As Beth reminds us your brain is going to fixate on something...
YOU get to choose what that will be. 
 
 
I have 2 verses hidden in my heart. That is a extra one to boot.
Romans 12 :1-2
 "Therefore I urge you brothers (SISTERS) to offer yourself as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God. This is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, then your will be able to test and approve what God's will is,
 his good , pleasing and perfect will."
 
Living each day as an act of worship and living each day pleasing to God.
It is changing my attitude about a few things.
I'm blessed because of it!
 
With all I am.
 
                                                     
 

 
 
 
 
Exercise..... NOT Happening :(   BUT  I just became a winner tonight for
 2 free weeks at my local YMCA. 
 God  is moving me in that direction. 
Heaven knows I need it! 
 
Water.... here is the plan.... at least 5 glasses a day.
I'm having  a hard time with that.  Average 1-3.
 
Dishes/ Kitchen ....  I am so proud of myself!  I have lived the last 30 years of my married life waking up to dirty dishes in the sink- it was just too much after making supper to clean it all up also.  Insert bad parenting there.... I have 3 girls who should have helped me  and a husband who should have said you cooked... I'll clean  up.
 
No more excuses...
 
 
Here is what changed ....
I made a new curtain for my kitchen window....
I wanted to keep my kitchen clean for Christmas season.
 
I have changed my thinking.....morning time is precious time.
 
I have decided that I would rather do dishes when i'm tired at night..
3 girls are now doing their own dishes at their house
husband is still here... and still hates doing dishes.
 
 I still don't have a dishwasher or a maid
 but
 
NOW i'm waking up to clean dishes on the counter.
It takes just a minute to put them away and....
 
 I  LOVE  not wasting precious creative morning time doing dishes. 
 
NOTE..... it took 28 days to make this a  good habit.
 
 
OPAM (One project a month)   I got DISTRACTED but hoping to make some progress tomorrow.
 
MY DISTRACTIONS...
 
I taught my self to finger knit.
 
My hot chocolate station.... for now graced in garland.  Next year this is going to be on my christmas tree.... all 11 yards of it!
 
 
 
 
And  I wanted to work on some sewing techniques so.....
I'm late to the party but doing the
2012 Craftsy Block of the Month(BOM)
 
It is FREE
slashing JANUARY blocks---
Should I tell my husband that I cut up his white dress shirt???
I am going to see how many blocks I can get out of an XLT!
ASTERICK


WONKY  #----using scraps
Added the snowflake to the pattern.
 
Embroidering the snowflake but ran out of floss :(

 
FEB---- using old shirts
 
HALF SQUARE TRIANGLES
My windblown star is now a stary snowflake.
I sew much like I cook. I  Don't usually follow the recipe exactly.
 
This arrangement just put a smile on my face.
SO it is a star but different than the suggested arrangement.
You can do that right : )????
I Love that Creativity has no rules!
 
I am making all the blocks in blue and white,
and trying to not buy any fabric for this  although
I already broke that pledge and bought a half a yard to add to my blue and white stash.
 
I Added some Black and white pictures to my WINTER TREE


 
 
 
 
 
JOY IN JANUARY!!!!
Yes this tree will stay up until FEB!!!
 
PROMISE!
 
Today we are getting snow!
It is a nice surprise.

 
 
One little snowman said
"I'm Hungry"
 
and this Nanny is saying I'm tired 
 and I still have to do my dishes
 
so
I'll post another day on January comfort Food!
 
If you are visiting...
 
I'd love for you to say hello down below!
 
 
 
Stay cozy@ home!
Janita
 
 
 
 
 



No comments :

AddThis

Share |
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...